Monday, January 16, 2017

Reading Options

After browsing the Myth-Folklore UnTextbook, I have decided to read Aesop's Fables (Jacobs) for Week 2. I really enjoyed the fables I have already read and wrote about in this class so far. I am looking forward to how they incorporate the different animals and the roles those animals take on. I also like how there is always a lesson to be learned at the end of the story.


I was intrigued by the Arabian Nights unit as well. I have heard of the story of Aladdin and I grew up watching the movie, but these stories went much deeper and were much more interesting than the kid's version I was originally exposed to. I am excited to read these at a future point in the semester. 

(Sultan from Arabian Nights)

The other unit I browsed was Alice in Wonderland because I have also seen that movie when I was young, but I have never read the book. I started to read it and liked it. I will probably recall the major scenes from the movie, but just the small glimpse I read was already better than the movie.







No comments:

Post a Comment