Friday, January 27, 2017

Feedback Thoughts

The first article I read about getting feedback was called Silence the Critical Voices in Your Head. I chose this article because it resonated with the perfectionist within me. I tend to be hard on myself and would rather focus on negative feedback so I can make necessary adjustments to improve whatever is wrong, but this article stressed the importance of taking time to look at the positive and embracing your positive aspects that you can bring to whatever situation you are in.

The second article I read about getting feedback had some similar themes of focusing on the positive qualities you possess and the valuable aspects you know you have. I thought it was so interesting in this article, Why rejection hurts so much - and what to do about it, when it said that the majority of the damage done by rejection is self-inflicted. It talks about how people seem to have a need to over-analyze the criticism given by others and thus causing even more damage.




The first article I read about giving feedback was Be a Mirror: Give Readers Feedback That Fosters a Growth Mindset. I liked this article because it gave specific ways I can give informative feedback that will encourage and actually help the other person grow as a writer.

The second article I read about giving feedback was 7 Key Characteristics of Better Learning Feedback. I chose this article because it gave clear and outlined points. I am a pretty black and white kind of person and I like it when things are just laid out in steps like this. It talked about the importance of specificity and giving information that the writer can actually put to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment