Friday, January 20, 2017

Famous Last Words: surviving the first week of my last semester

I am experiencing a major case of senioritis...it's hitting me hard but I am pushing through anyways. There is definitely a light at the end of my tunnel, unfortunately it involves more school in the form of graduate school to get there. However when I stop long enough to put the pity party on hold, I realize how thankful and fortunate I am to have the opportunity for these experiences and that I get to go through the necessary steps to reach my future goals.


(Ready for me to be the one graduating!)

I have enjoyed the reading for this class so far! It has definitely been a break from my norm of science textbooks. This class is already pushing me to explore my more creative side which I am typically not as comfortable with, but it actually hasn't been that bad...(: I do have a lot of reading in my other classes this semester but with the flexibility of this course we are allowed to pick readings that we enjoy. The freedom to pick what we read makes it much more bearable to do the assignments when my brain is engaged and I'm not dreading sitting down to read something else I am not interested in. 



I did enjoy browsing through other people's storybooks. There are some really talented writers who have taken this class! Also the perspectives and the stories they created were so intriguing; it made me want to take more time to develop a unique angle for my storybook so it is not just run of the mill but actually fun for other people to read. I have not been forced to use my creative writing side honestly since AP English in high school, so I am a little rusty but I do enjoy writing. Especially because as a science major this is not something that I ever really get to do, so it is kind of fun to use my brain in this different way. I think this class is stretching me and it is good for me.


3 comments:

  1. A little crazy that as soon as I read this, I realized we both write about senioritis in our post! But I can totally relate that it's hard to stay motivated and you bring up such a good point that we are lucky to have the opportunity to go to school and pursue our dreams. Definitely a good idea to keep that in mind! Also, like you, I've enjoyed the break from science classes with the reading and writing in this class. It's definitely a lot more fun to be creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savannah, I can definitely relate in experiencing senioritis. Though you’re closer than I am and that’s awesome! I think I developed mine a year too soon lol.
    I definitely agree with you that this course is really great in stretching our creativeness and with its flexibility, it is a life-saver! I never did any creative writing that I remember of, in AP English, just a whole bunch of reading and analyzing. It somewhat has come in handy in this class though, fortunately! It is also nice, for sure, to switch into something more than just educational textbooks. These are truly nice in letting us escape just briefly from the stressors of school.
    Good luck with the rest of your semester!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being so close to graduating. You're so close and you can totally do this!! I've hit that stage of just being tired of it all a few times in my career but I'm so close to the end now and I keep reminding myself to just keep pushing through. I guess that's really all we can do, huh? Just keep on pushing through and do the best we can!
    I think it's great that this class is encouraging your creative writing side. I personally am super grateful for this opportunity because I've always been interested in creative writing but I never have confidence in my writing. So, I'm starting to get out of my shell a little bit and trust my writing a little more thanks to this class.

    ReplyDelete