Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 8 Reflections

I have thoroughly enjoyed the reading so far for this class. I have been exposed to stories that I wouldn't normally have read and I am thankful to expand my knowledge of other cultures. When I read the stories however, I have been noticing that I am already thinking about what I want to change and adapt for my own story. Most of my writing for this class has been in a similar style. For the second semester, I need to try to go outside of my comfort zone more. A couple of my classmate's stories I read used diaries entries for the format which I thought worked well so I might try that. I also need to work on incorporating more dialogue into my stories and creating distinct voices for my characters.




I really enjoy looking at other's blogs and reading their work. It is cool to see how someone can take the same original story I have read and interpret it in a completely different way in their own story. I also admire those in this class who are technologically gifted and have truly made their blogs a work of art. I chose to do a Storybook because I was intrigued by the examples of the ones we read from past semesters in the first weeks of class. I am a little intimidated after reading other's work because it all sounded so good and I am not really sure where exactly I am going to go with mine yet. I am still brainstorming for my first story. I just want it to flow and be enjoyable for others to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment